The South Carolina Office of Regulatory Staff (“ORS” or “Agency”) maintains a social media presence for the purpose of informing the community.
Limited Public Forum
Moderation of Content
The ORS’ social media platform accounts are intended to be free of inappropriate content. When appropriate, the Agency uses platform-provided content moderation/filtering options to limit foul, obscene, or inappropriate content. The ORS monitors the social media platform accounts it maintains and will remove inappropriate content as defined below without prior notice and as soon as possible. The Agency shall reserve the right to remove and/or block any person or entity that posts inappropriate material as determined by the Agency on or to an ORS social media platform account. This material includes, but is not limited to:
- Comments not related to the original topic;
- Profane, obscene, or pornographic content and/or language;
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, or national origin;
- Defamatory or personal attacks;
- Threats to any person or organization;
- Solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale. This includes other online pages or organizations asking for donations.
- Conduct in violation of any federal, state or local law;
- Encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any party;
- Harassment or content that constitutes and/or facilitates stalking;
- Content that violates the right to privacy;
- Encouragement of violence;
- Repetitive content.
Facebook's Community of Standards
All comments posted to the ORS’ Facebook page are bound by Facebook’s Community Standards, and the ORS reserves the right to report any violation of Facebook’s Community Standards to Facebook with the intent of Facebook taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action.
When applicable, the ORS reserves the right to report any violation of the Twitter Rules, with the intent of Twitter taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action.
YouTube Community Guidelines
When applicable, the ORS reserves the right to report any violation of the YouTube Community Guidelines, with the intent of YouTube taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action.
LinkedIn User Agreement
When applicable, the ORS reserves the right to report any violation of the LinkedIn User Agreement, with the intent of LinkedIn taking appropriate and reasonable responsive action.