Skip to main content
The Official Web Site of the State of South Carolina

The Governor has declared a State of Emergency in South Carolina. For the latest information on COVID-19 in South Carolina visit

For the latest utility updates during COVID-19 visit ORS.SC.GOV/covid19.

New License Decal Payment Portal is now live for passenger carriers. Click here to learn more.

Class "E" Motor Carrier

A Class E motor carrier uses a vehicle to transport property (household goods or hazardous waste for disposal) and includes motor vehicles containing goods packed by a packing service.

A Class E motor carrier must obtain a Certificate of PC&N from the ORS after approval by the PSC. All for-hire household goods carriers operating exclusively within the limits of a municipality in South Carolina must obtain a Certificate of FWA instead of a Certificate of PC&N.