Governor Henry McMaster has requested all regulated utilities and cooperatives not to suspend or disconnect essential services for nonpayment during the current State of Emergency. This request includes utilities not currently under the jurisdiction of the ORS.
- State of Emergency Executive Order: March 28, 2020 (PDF)
- State of Emergency Executive Order: March 13, 2020 (PDF)
- Request from the Governor to ORS (PDF)
- ORS Letter to the PSC Regarding Suspension of Disconnection During State of Emergency Due To COVID-19 (PDF)
- PSC Order Granting ORS Request in Response to Governor's Request (PDF)
As a consumer, it is important for you to know that you still have an obligation to pay your bill eventually. We urge you to keep paying on time if possible so that your balance due does not get out of hand.
The ORS commends the utilities that have already informed the media and/or ORS that they will not suspend or disconnect any services for nonpayment due to COVID-19. The ORS will continue to add updates as they are available.
Additional Updates & Resources
- ORS Letter to the PSC Requesting Annual Report Extension (PDF)
- Commission Order 2020-243 Allowing Utilities an Additional 30 Days to File the 2019 Annual Report (PDF)
- PSC Order Suspending Requirement Allowing Telecommunications Carriers to Drop Lifeline Customers (PDF)
- Federal Communications Commission Order Waving Certain Regulations Affecting Lifeline Program
- National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners COVID-19 News and Resources
Much of the information on this page and its associated links has been provided to the ORS by the referenced utilities. The ORS cannot make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, or accuracy of this information.