Utilities are taking steps to allow for a return to normal business operations, while continuing to provide flexibility and assistance to consumers.
- Request from the Governor to ORS: May 13, 2020 (PDF)
- ORS Letter to the PSC Regarding Utilities Steps to Return to Normal (PDF)
- PSC Order in Response to Governor’s Request (PDF)
- Request from the Governor to ORS: March 14, 2020 (PDF)
- ORS Letter to the PSC Regarding Suspension of Disconnection During State of Emergency Due To COVID-19 (PDF)
- PSC Order Granting ORS Request in Response to Governor's Request (PDF)
State of Emergency Executive Orders
- State of Emergency Executive Order: May 12, 2020 (PDF)
- State of Emergency Executive Order: April 27, 2020 (PDF)
- State of Emergency Executive Order: April 12, 2020 (PDF)
- State of Emergency Executive Order: March 28, 2020 (PDF)
- State of Emergency Executive Order: March 13, 2020 (PDF)
As a consumer, it is important for you to know that you still have an obligation to pay your bill eventually. We urge you to keep paying on time if possible so that your balance due does not get out of hand.
- Resources to Help Consumers with Utility Bills
- A Message to Consumers Regarding Your Utility Bills
- COVID-19 Safety Reminder for Consumers: Keep At Least a Six-Foot Distance from Utility Crews
- The Office of Regulatory Staff Continues to Serve Consumers During the COVID-19 Crisis
Utilities are continuing to work with consumers who need assistance, referring them to local organizations or arranging payment plans. These efforts should help to avoid or minimize penalties and service interruptions. The ORS will continue to add updates as they are available.
- ORS Commends Utility Line Personnel for Restoring Service During Recent Storms
- ORS Commends Water Professionals During Drinking Water Week
Additional Updates & Resources
- ORS Letter to the PSC Requesting Annual Report Extension (PDF)
- Commission Order 2020-243 Allowing Utilities an Additional 30 Days to File the 2019 Annual Report (PDF)
- PSC Order Suspending Requirement Allowing Telecommunications Carriers to Drop Lifeline Customers (PDF)
- Federal Communications Commission Order Waving Certain Regulations Affecting Lifeline Program
- National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners COVID-19 News and Resources
- South Carolina Association of Counties COVID-19 Resources
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission COVID-19 Resources
- ORS Request to the PSC Allowing Utilities to Offer Customers Longer Deferred Payment Plans (PDF)
Much of the information on this page and its associated links has been provided to the ORS by the referenced utilities. The ORS cannot make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, or accuracy of this information.